A valid driver’s license is important when you are a driver. Insurance with proper coverage levels is just as important. Designed to protect other drivers in case you cause an accident, insurance will also protect you from lawsuits. When reviewing online quotes, be sure that you are choosing high coverage levels that will protect you, your property and your family.
Wyoming auto insurance requirements
Liability insurance is required in the state of Wyoming. The minimum coverages are as follows:
• $25,000 for individual bodily injury
• $50,000 total bodily injury per accident
• $20,000 in property damage per accident
These levels are the minimum amount that must be carried. However, it is strongly recommended that drivers carry higher levels for their own protection. If you only have $20,000 in liability coverage for property damage and you cause an accident that totals a car worth $40,000 you will find yourself struggling to come up with the $20,000 difference.
It is also important that you carry your own comprehensive coverage. This coverage should be high enough to comfortably replace your car should it be totaled in an accident you caused. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage is also important in case you are hit by someone else who has chosen to carry state minimum coverage. Your insurance will pay to get you back on the road and then they will pursue a lawsuit against the party that is at fault.
Wyoming auto insurance laws
• Wyoming has steep penalties for driving without insurance. The first offense can land you a fine of $250 to $740 and can leave you sitting in jail for up to six months. Subsequent offenses carry higher penalties up to and including the loss of your registration
• Proof of insurance must be given to authorities immediately upon request
• WY follows the tort system for determining fault. The person at fault will pay for the accident. If they don’t have enough insurance to cover the expenses, they will have to pay out of their own pocket.
Wyoming auto insurance coverage
The state of Wyoming sets what the minimum coverage levels can be for any driver. It is important that you carry at least those minimum levels, and it is highly recommended that you choose higher levels
It is also highly recommended that you carry comprehensive coverage. This will protect you, your family and your property in case of an accident. Insurance for uninsured and underinsured drivers is also strongly encouraged so that you won’t have to wait months for a lawsuit to be settle, you can get back on the road quickly and easily.
Cheap Wyoming Auto Insurance Quotes
There are several ways you can get cheap Wyoming Auto Insurance quotes. You can get free quotes online from several different companies, allowing you to make an educated decision. Here are some tips about discounts you can ask for to save more money.
• Be a safe driver to enjoy lower rates.
• Remember that a higher deductible will help you get lower rates.
• Combine your home and car onto the same policy for a discount.
• Cars with safety features like airbags and anti-lock brakes will help you save money.
• Having an alarm system can help you save money.
• Take advantage of carpooling to lower the miles you drive annually. This can help you save money at the pump and on your premiums.
Wyoming Auto Insurance Ratings
Standard & Poor, JD Power and other companies offer ratings information on insurance companies. Review their customer service information, their claims history, and whether or not they are financially solvent. Avoid companies that don’t pay their vendor and claims or companies that simply have awful customer service. By taking the time to look at the reviews you can see what a companies experience is and decide how well it will work for you. Other sources providing impartial information on insurance companies includes the Better Business Bureau
Wyoming Auto Insurance Rates
Wyoming insurance rates are lower than they are as a national average. Residents of Wyoming enjoy a low $1060 for coverage while the national average is closer to $1440. In addition to getting lower rates by shopping around, you can also take advantage of discounts to lower the price. Raising the deductible will also help you net lower prices on your auto insurance. Lowering coverage levels will also help you save money, but this method is never recommended.
Wyoming Auto Insurance Companies
Wyoming has many national insurance companies that are licensed to offer insurance in the state. These include Allstate, Farmers, State Farm and Geico. They also have smaller companies that are prepared to offer excellent customer service with a price you’ll love. Examples include Zebre’s Insurance Agency and Nelson Insurance. The healthy range of auto insurance companies means that you can price compare and find the one that has the perfect coverage for your needs at the best price.< p>
The best way to find cheap auto insurance is to research and compare companies online. Review their ratings as well as the rates they quote you. Consider how solvent they are and what their customer satisfaction scores are. Taking the time to shop and compare will help you get insurance that is inexpensive yet provides you with all the coverage you need for peace of mind.